Bank And Credit Union Financial Management Essentials
2 Sessions scheduled for 60 minutes including question and answer period.
Monday, June 28 and Thursday, July 8, 2021; 2:00 PM Eastern
Renowned community banking podcaster Byron Earnheart will explain what financial statements, ratios, and other metrics reveal about a financial institution’s performance. You will learn how to use the numbers and language of banking.
Topics Covered in this Series
- How are bank and credit union financial statements organized?
- Why are these documents structured in this way?
- What are the 11 ratios used most often in banking?
- What can the ratios reveal about a financial institution?
- How do bankers routinely use ratios?
- How should you identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats?
- How can you calculate your institution’s profit margin?
- How does leverage work? Who bears the risk?
- Can you use deposits to make a profit?
- What do bank and credit union balance sheets reflect?
- How should you calculate ROA and ROE growth?
- How much capital does your institution need?
- What 12 decisions drive bank financial performance?