In this intensive double certification, we show you how to administer a market-based compensation program while teaching you how to customize compensation philosophy for your organization, all while staying hitting key KPIs. You will learn how to meet employees’ expectations without destroying your organization’s financial results.
Benefits of Certification
- Earn two valuable certifications that demonstrate your expertise
- Align employee rewards with organizational success
- Attract and retain top talent despite inflation and a hot job market
- Communicate compensation strategies to management and employees
Revolutionize Your Understanding of Compensation. Earn a powerful double certification.
By popular demand, we have assembled a comprehensive 10-session certification series covering compensation metrics cash and compensation programs. This innovative program contains the essential information you need to provide rewards that attract and retain quality employees.
Your previous approach of setting pay will not work in 2023 and beyond. Today’s economic climate, low unemployment, and artificial intelligence advances dictate immediate changes.
Learn what adjustments to make and earn an impressive professional certification through these information-packed webinars.
- Compensation program objectives
- Methodology and design for a base pay structure
- Pay range components and range spread calculations
- Use of benchmark jobs for base pay structure design
- Relevant metrics, formulas, and calculations
- Practical applications and examples of compensation metrics
- Pay positioning for internal and external competitiveness
- How to determine whether salary ranges are too wide or too narrow
- Best practices for using compensation metrics to determine market targets
- Key questions about pay practices and overall compensation philosophy
- Measures of compensation variability
- Analysis of competitive compensation positioning and HR policy effectiveness
- Calculations that aid in the design and analysis of compensation
- Discrimination testing
- Computations and applications
- How to identify data outliers, assess internal equity, and evaluate external competitiveness
- Job evaluation and market survey data
- Using quantitative HR applications for compensation measurements
- Six-step methodology for developing and implementing a base pay structure
- Discussion of various strategic applications
Session 2.1: Market Analysis
- Compensation program objectives
- Strategic methodologies for building base pay structures
- Job evaluation techniques
- Techniques and protocols for interpreting salary market information
- Approaches for dealing with high-demand jobs
- Techniques for market pricing hybrid jobs
Session 2.2: Pay Structures
- Pay structure design techniques and considerations
- Creating a base pay policy line
- Components and applications of pay grades
- Market pricing and point factor approaches
Session 2.3: Pay Structures (Continued)
- Hands-on, step-by-step exercises and pragmatic examples
- Maintaining base pay structures and keeping them up-to-date
- Salary compression and solutions
- Geographic differentials
Session 2.4: Broadbanding
- Broadbanding and how it differs from traditional pay structures
- Defining control points and applying them to the broadbanding approach
- Reasons for adopting broadbanding
- Advantages and disadvantages of broadbanding
- Transforming a traditional base pay structure to a broadbanding system
- Examples of broadbanding applications
Session 2.5: Variable Pay
- Eight-step design methodology for developing variable pay programs
- Quantitative and qualitative performance measures
- Cascading performance management approach
- Variable schedules using target, threshold, and maximum payout criteria
- Total cash variability approach
- Business performance variability and the effect on payout cycling
- Managed communication approach
- Ten criteria for success and pitfalls to avoid
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
John A. Rubino
- President and founder of Rubino Consulting Services (RCS), a global human resources consulting company based in New York
- Focuses on the design and implementation of corporate values/objectives and their linkage to human resources strategies, compensation analysis and program development, performance-driven incentive plans, sales compensation programs, performance management systems, management training programs, team dynamics, leadership skills, motivational training, and human resources communication programs
- Previously senior manager of human resources consulting services for Ernst & Young LLP and director of executive compensation for The Equitable Life Insurance Company
- Internationally acclaimed speaker, course developer, and seminar leader for WorldatWork and the American Management Association
- Author of Developing Compensation Programs: Job Analysis, Evaluation and Classification and Communicating Compensation Programs: An Approach to Providing Information to Employees
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), and Global Remuneration Professional (GRP), Senior Practitioner in Human Resources (SPHR), and a Master Reward Specialist (South Africa)
- BA from Wagner College
- MBA from the Lubin Graduate School of Business, Pace University
- This program has been approved for 10.0 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
- This program is valid for 10.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Employers particularly appreciate CareerLearning certifications because they represent definitive confirmation of the mastery of the subject area.
Please follow these steps to earn your certification:
- Attend all the training sessions in their entirety.
- Gain access to the final exam at the conclusion of the last session.
- Take the final exam and receive a score of 80% or better.
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.