Regulatory expert Timothy Dunfey will lead this comprehensive series. Start the year with new knowledge and increased value.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to and Overview of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- BSA Reporting Requirements
- Patriot Act I– Controls
- Patriot Act II– Controls Continued
- Program Level Expectations and/or Requirements
Well-trained BSA/AML Officers are in high demand in 2023!
As regulators increasingly crack down on financial crimes, 2023 is expected to be a significant year for enforcement actions. Financial institutions need BSA/AML Officers who thoroughly understand the laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
Earning a certification showing your BSA/AML knowledge will enable you to avoid being passed over for a promotion, increase your value for a new opportunity, advance your career, and build immunity from an economic downturn.
BSA failures have resulted in some of the largest fines in U.S. financial services history—and not just for large financial institutions. There is also the potential for significant civil and criminal penalties. Insight into the requirements will allow you to reduce risk and protect your financial institution.
The five-session BSA/AML Officer Certification training program will enable you to:
- Hear practical solutions and best practices from an industry expert
- Manage your institution’s BSA/AML program while minimizing risks
- Demonstrate to regulators that your institution is serious about its responsibilities
- Advance your career
BSA/AML Officer Certification
Webinar 1: Introduction to and Overview of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Regulators and law enforcement – OCC, FRB, FDIC, FINCEN, SEC, state regulators, DOJ
- Regulators and law enforcement – BSA, Patriot Act, OFAC
- Financial institutions and other regulated entities – 31 CFR 5312
Webinar 2: BSA Reporting Requirements
- Negotiable Instrument Log (NIL) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTR)
- 314(a), 314(b) and special measures
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
Webinar 3: Patriot Act I – Controls
- The five pillars of AML
- Training, BSA officer, and audit
- Policies and procedures
Webinar 4: Patriot Act II – Controls Continued
- CIP and KYC
- CDD and CRR
- Normal and expected activity
Webinar 5: Program-Level Expectations and/or Requirements
- Risk assessments
- Transaction monitoring
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance, for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
- Legal and compliance leader for a credit card company.
- Financial crimes compliance attorney and consultant with over 20 years of experience in financial services management, sales, operations, and compliance
- Previously deputy BSA Officer at Great Florida Bank and Compliance Officer at Citibank
- Admitted to the bar and legal practice
- JD degree
Credits: Live webinars approved for 5.0 CPE credits
Field of Study: Management Services
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Certificates of Attendance: BankersWeb certificates of attendance are available to all registered participants completing this webinar.
CareerLearning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Employers particularly appreciate BankersWeb certifications because they represent definitive confirmation of the mastery of the subject area.
Please follow these steps to earn your certification:
- Attend all the training sessions in their entirety.
- Gain access to the final exam at the conclusion of the last session.
- Take the final exam and receive a score of 80% or better.
If you have any questions about the certification process, please get in touch with us. We look forward to your participation!
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.