Regulatory expert Timothy Dunfey will lead this comprehensive series. Finish the year with new knowledge and increased value.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to and Overview of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- BSA Reporting Requirements
- Patriot Act I– Controls
- Patriot Act II– Controls Continued
- Program Level Expectations and/or Requirements
BSA/AML Certification – Increase your value now! Discover the current legal requirements and best practices.
On August 2, the New York Department of Financial Services issued a $30 million penalty on Robinhood Crypto for significant anti-money laundering violations. BSA failures have resulted in some of the largest fines in U.S. financial services history—and not just for large financial institutions. There is also the potential for significant civil and criminal penalties.
In addition to state scrutiny, federal regulators are increasing the evaluations of BSA/AML programs nationwide this year. Few regulations are as complex and have as many nuances as the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and related anti-money laundering laws and regulations, making mastery of this area precious for financial institution professionals. Insight into the requirements will allow you to meet compliance, reduce risk and protect your financial institution.
Earning a certification showing your BSA/AML knowledge will enable you to avoid being passed over for a promotion, increase your value for a new opportunity, and advance your career.
BSA/AML Officer Certification Training Program
Webinar 1: Introduction to and Overview of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Regulators and law enforcement – OCC, FRB, FDIC, FINCEN, SEC, state regulators, DOJ
- Regulators and law enforcement – BSA, Patriot Act, OFAC
- Financial institutions and other regulated entities – 31 CFR 5312
Webinar 2: BSA Reporting Requirements
- Negotiable Instrument Log (NIL) and Currency Transaction Reports (CTR)
- 314(a), 413(b) and special measures
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
Webinar 3: Patriot Act I – Controls
- The five pillars of AML
- Training, BSA officer, and audit
- Policies and procedures
Webinar 4: Patriot Act II – Controls Continued
- CIP and KYC
- CDD and CRR
- Normal and expected activity
Webinar 5: Program-Level Expectations and/or Requirements
- Risk assessments
- Transaction monitoring
Who Should Attend?
- Bank officers
- BSA officers
- Compliance officers
- Bank employees
- Anyone seeking to become a BSA/AML officer
- Financial crimes compliance attorney and consultant with over 20 years of experience in financial services management, sales, operations, and compliance
- Currently overseeing legal and compliance matters for a credit card company
- Previously Compliance Officer at Citibank, overseeing EDD for the highest risk customers, and Deputy BSA Officer at Great Florida Bank
- As a consultant with Promontory Financial Group, represented boards regarding regulatory deficiencies, managed numerous FCC improvement projects, and conducted audits and risk assessments across a wide variety of financial institutions
- J.D. degree
Credits: Live webinars approved for 5.0 CPE credits
Field of Study: Management Services
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Certificates of Attendance: BankersWeb certificates of attendance are available to all registered participants completing this webinar.
CareerLearning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Employers particularly appreciate BankersWeb certifications because they represent definitive confirmation of the mastery of the subject area.
Please follow these steps to earn your certification:
- Attend all the training sessions in their entirety.
- Gain access to the final exam at the conclusion of the last session.
- Take the final exam and receive a score of 80% or better.
If you have any questions about the certification process, please get in touch with us. We look forward to your participation!
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.