Commercial lending expert Dev Strischek will provide deep insights that will enable you to underwrite loans with less risk and greater reward. You will learn how to evaluate borrowers through the lens of 2022 regulations, rates, and requirements.
- Financial Performance
- Financial Projections
- Shareholder Value
Underwriting in 2022. Get your Advanced Commercial Loan Underwriting Certification today!
As an experienced underwriter, when interest rates rise, you need to rethink how you evaluate commercial loans. You must determine repayment ability, which necessitates analyzing both the short-term status and long-term potential of borrowers. Sufficient positive cash flow to repay creditors and reward owners comes from solid financial results, sustainable operating performance, and a stable foundation.
To help you project borrowers’ financial performance and analyze the underlying assumptions, we are offering a three-session certification program. Packed with specific actionable information, these webinars will help you reduce your institution’s risk and increase financial rewards.
Advanced Commercial Loan Underwriting Certification
Webinar 1: Financial Performance
- Operating performance
- Sales productivity
- Financial condition
- Cash flow
Webinar 2: Financial Projections
- Basics of projections
- Viability of underlying assumptions
- Linkage of income statement to balance sheet to cash flow
- Projecting income statements and balance sheets
- Projecting cash inflows and outflows
- Sufficiency of cash flows to repay debt, reward owners, and sustain enterprise
Webinar 3: Shareholder Value
- Role of shareholder value as reward to owners
- Key drivers in enterprise shareholder value growth
- Sales growth rate, tax rate, and profitability
- Working capital and fixed asset investments
- Weighted cost of debt and equity capital
- Short-term and long-term alternatives to accelerate shareholder value growth
Who Should Attend?
- Principal of Devon Risk Advisory Group, engaging in consulting, speaking and training on a wide range of risk, credit, and lending topics
- Former SVP and senior credit policy officer at SunTrust Bank, Atlanta
- Previously chief credit officer for Barnett Bank's Palm Beach market
- Served as a combat engineer officer in the U.S. Army
- Instructor in the American Bankers Association’s Stonier Graduate School of Banking, the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking, and the ABA’s Commercial Lending School
- Writes about credit risk management, financial analysis, and related subjects for professional business journals
- Serves on the advisory boards of several professional associations
- Graduate of Ohio State University and the ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking
- MBA from the University of Hawaii
Credits: Live webinars approved for 4.5 CPE credits
Field of Study: Management Services
Prerequisites: Basic Knowledge
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Certificates of Attendance: BankersWeb certificates of attendance are available to all registered participants completing this webinar.
CareerLearning is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
Employers particularly appreciate BankersWeb certifications because they represent definitive confirmation of the mastery of the subject area.
Please follow these steps to earn your certification:
- Attend all the training sessions in their entirety.
- Gain access to the final exam at the conclusion of the last session.
- Take the final exam and receive a score of 80% or better.
If you have any questions about the certification process, please get in touch with us. We look forward to your participation!